Here's to strong women!
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.
Use the form on the right to contact us.
San Francisco, CA
Health and Food Company
Here's to strong women!
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.
One of our associates, Roxane, shares her nighttime skin care routine. She used all natural and organic products. Let's see what they are:
I dealt with a lot of skin issues in the past and tried a lot of commercial, expensive, products that were expected to address these problems: oily skin, dry patches, allergies, severe acne - you name it. None of the products worked. Probably the reason why all these didn't work out for my skin is because they are loaded with toxic fillers that are too harsh and less than effective.
I started switching my skin care routine to natural and organic products. I am also more religious in cleaning my face before I sleep. I noticed that I have less dry patches, less oil, and my acne was completely eliminated. Most of the products I used before had a lot of alcohol that stripped away the natural barriers of my skin. Natural oils, like jojoba, that are in most of organic cleansers and serums, are the closest to the human sebum; and the more I use it , the more it regulates my skin's sebum secretion. Those 2 reasons (less alcohol and less sebum) eliminated my acne all together. Right now, I am happy with how things worked out and I want to share with you what I use at night:
1) Good Night Oil by Living Libation - Anything that Living Libation makes are just of the highest quality with the outmost thought and purpose. It is on the pricey side, but it is worth the investment. I use Good Night Oil to take my make up off. I apply the oil and massage it on my skin until it dissolves all my make up. I then wipe them all off with a damp hemp cloth.
2) Konjac sponge - Konjac sponge is made out of a root of konjac plant. This squishy sponge is used as part of my cleansing routine to dislodge dirt, oil and the remaining make up. I used to brush my face with Clarisonic, but I found that these electric brushes are too abrasive and irritating to my skin. I switched to konjac sponge, as it is more gentle but can still draw out impurities because of the charcoal in the sponge. I first soak the sponge in warm water and put my cleanser on and apply it to my face,
3) Christian Moss Natural Organic Facial Wash - I use this together with the Konjac sponge. This face wash is non-drying and very gentle. It is one of the few cleansers that I found that is 100% natural and it is strong enough to fight blemishes.
4) Kiva Raw Manuka Honey UMF+15 - Aside from being a super food, I use raw manuka honey as a face mask. Honey, especially Manuka honey helps with moisturizing the skin and at the same time targets the root causes of acne. It is the most potent anti-bacterial and anti-inflamatory product you can put on your face . This kind of honey is sourced from the flowers of Manuka bush, a shrub that is related to the tea tree and is native to New Zealand. Depending on what my skin needs that moment, I mix manuka honey with different natural ingredients. I mix manuka honey with lemon juice if I want to exfoliate my skin. I mix it with cinnamon if I want to get rid of my blemishes or I mix it with tumeric or green algea for an anti-oxidant boost. I leave it on my skin for 5-10 mins and wash it with warm water. I do this once or twice as week.
5) Best Skin Ever Seabuckthorn Oil by Living Libation - This is my holy grail product. It is versatile and effective. I use seabuckthorn oil as a cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer. I cleanse my face again using this oil, after the Christopher Moss face wash, just to make sure there are no dirt nor make up left on my skin. Washing with oil sounds a little weird, but I find that this is the most effective and moisturizing way to clean my face, not to mention the added benefits of its ingredients like golden jojoba, grapefruit, lavender, coconut, tamanu berries. All these good essential oils norish, balance and protect my skin.
6) Organic Rose Water by Anthroposophe - I cannot say enough how I love using rose water as a toner. I spray rose water on my face after cleansing, to prepare my skin for other products and get the most benefits from the serums and moisturizers. It also helps soothe my skin after exfoliating.
7) Soothsayer Serum, Royal Rose CoQ10 Serum (not pictured) and Cell Serum (not pictured), all by Living Libation - All have specific skin remedies, like cell rejuvenation, anti-aging and firming.
8) Seabuckthorn Oil and Rose Hip Seed Oil (not pictured) - Both have a lot of essential fatty acids that are known to correct dark spots, reduce scars and fine lines, and hydrate the skin.
That's all folks
How is everyone holding up with the summer heat?
Beauty guru, Youtube star, and freaking funny, Allana Davison uses our very own, ANTHROPOSOPHE ROSE WATER to set her "Dolce Vita" makeup.
Watch the video below for a full tutorial of this very classic makeup look. Learn how to use our organic rose water to set a long lasting and glowing makeup.
I went to a spa just once in my life. It was my best friend’s 16th birthday, and while I really liked the feel of the mud mask and massage chair, I wasn’t entirely a fan of the whole stranger-picking-at-my-skin thing. Thankfully, it’s very possible to get spa facials at home, especially when you try these at-home spa tricks right before bed!
Plus, what better time for applying the best spa skincare tips than directly before bed? That way, you can go to sleep relaxed and without stress, and wake up in the morning with glowing, beautiful skin. At the end of the day, it all comes down to healthy habits and safe, nourishing ingredients. Anyone who’s ever spent the slightest amount of time in my presence knows that I’m all about the natural stuff; if I can fix something DIY-style, without chemicals or medications, you better believe I’m on board.
That’s why I compiled a list of my favorite natural tricks and tips for creating a spa-like experience at home — one that will heal, nourish, and hydrate skin, all with minimal chemicals and without synthetic ingredients. Implement a few of these habits into your before-bed skincare routine, go to sleep feeling great, and hopefully, when morning comes, you’ll have had a total skin transformation.
Rose water makes an incredible all-natural toner, as it helps to balance pH levels and deliver antioxidants and nutrients to the skin. This particular formula contains nothing but 100 percent pure, organic, high-quality rosewater without chemicals or additives, which means all of the water’s healing properties are still intact. This stuff is ideal for cleansing, moisturizing, soothing, and toning both oily and dry skin alike. It comes in a spray bottle which makes the solution especially easy to apply, and reviewers say it smells absolutely heavenly and helps their skin better absorb any product.
Activated charcoal is picking up steam right now because it’s thought to pull impurities out through the surface of the skin like a magnet. This Barbary Ultimate charcoal face wash contains activated charcoal, but it also contains coconut oil, organic orange peel, assorted tea, and organic aloe vera to give a cooling, hydrating, and healing spa feel to your nightly face washing routine. It’s packed with antioxidants and vitamins, and because its great texture leaves your face feeling smooth and looking fresh, reviewers have given this one nearly perfect ratings.
Sweating is healthy, and that’s why people spend time at the sauna. Conair's facial sauna system brings the sauna to you with convenient steam facials right at home. It delivers a concentrated hot mist to your face, which opens up your pores and pushes oils and impurities to the surface. This particular unit also comes with an automatic timer and facial brush, and it’s also great to open sinuses and clear allergies. Some reviewers say they dilute essential oils into the steam for the ultimate spa experience, leaving skin looking glowing and clear, and pores tighter and smaller.
Aloe vera is great on skin because it eases inflammation, delivers antioxidants and nutrients, and forms a protective layer to keep in moisture. However, don't assume it's only relevant when you're crispy from the beach. This formula contains organic, cold-pressed aloe vera gel that’s been minimally processed to keep the plant’s healing properties as powerful as ever. Unlike other brands, this one contains absolutely no chemicals, thickeners, alcohol, or synthetic fragrances or colors. It also comes in a squeeze bottle for easy application to your face (or anywhere else), If applied before bed, there's a great chance your skin will be radiant and glowing by morning.
What’s a spa experience without a mud mask? This Grace & Stella Co. mask is entirely, 100 percent natural. It’s almost entirely comprised of mud from the Dead Sea, which means it’s loaded with skin-healing minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, and iron. It's also packed with jojoba oil, shea butter, and aloe vera juice, helping your skin become refreshed and replenished as the mud draws out impurities. Not only does it detoxify skin, but it can help heal acne, reduce blackheads, and moisturize pores for a fresher, clearer look by morning.
Body brushing is exceptionally popular right now because when you start body brushing, it can increase circulation, stimulate the lymph system, exfoliate dead skin cells, and encourage detoxification. All of this means better overall health, as well as better skin. This body and face brush setcomes with everything you need to get started. The bigger body brush and smaller facial brush are both made from all-natural boar bristles, and the handles are made from luxurious and comfortable Chinese cherry wood. The set also includes a drawstring bag for easy, sanitary storage (especially as the handle and brush heads can be detached), and reviewers say it feels great and helps skin look invigorated and healthy.
Pores are especially absorbent in hot and wet environments, so why not take advantage of a relaxing bath to get the most out of your skincare regiment? These oatmeal honey salts are made with pure Pacific sea salts, which ease muscles, relax the mind, detoxify the body, and smooth and soften skin. These salts are infused with vitamin E and aloe, but they contain no parabens or phthalates. Reviewers say these salts improved their entire bath experience tenfold, and because the honey and oatmeal scent is relaxing but subtle, you can go to sleep feeling calm and pampered — and be refreshed by morning.
Egg whites contain a skin-toning protein called albumin, which shrinks pores, controls sebum production, and prevents wrinkles. This Mistine peel off mask contains that very same protein, but in the form of a fun and easy peel-off mask that removes blackheads, evens skin tone, and treats acne. Skin is left softer and smoother and pores look cleaner. Even users with extra-sensitive skin found this mask to be soothing and non-irritating. Simply apply to dry, clean skin, leave it on for 20 minutes, and peel off.
Bustle may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was created independently from Bustle's editorial and sales departments.
Eating for Beauty' is an interesting concept and the title of one of David Wolfe's sought-after and popular books. The 'Fountain of Youth' is intriguing, yet ambiguous; however the creation of our own "Garden of Youth" is a tangible and universal idea that David is inspired to share!
This is a special video about David's favorite superfoods that grow in his sacred garden like aloe vera, cacao, and noni fruit.
Our Organic Rose Water Hydrating Mist will be carried by its first retail outlet, opening on 15th of March, 2016. Details coming soon!
See you soon, Manhattan Beach!